Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Door Closes and Another One Opens

Hello everyone!

It has been awhile since I last posted and I am sorry for that.

Yesterday was a hard day for me but even more for my peers that have been left behind. Yesterday I was laid off from the company that I have worked for, support and invested in for the last 10 years. As hard as it is for me to leave it is even harder for those that are left behind. And I so feel for them. But like anything change is good, I have not felt good about some of the decisions I was forced to make against my best interest nor was I happy with how the job made me feel, untalented, second guessing my ability and well unsupported.

I would love to thank my wonderful girls, Bonnie, Sarah, Simone, Chelsey and Yvonne. They made coming to work worth while. They are a incredible bunch of women and so talented, I love you and know that you will succeed in everything that you put your mind to. Always remember to take a deep breath, and another and remember you are talented, wonderful and always remember to keep your head high, you are great at what you do.

Thank you to everyone for the supportive e-mails, Facebook and twitter notes. If you are in Carleton Place feel free to stop by to craft or even help me in the gardens if you want or sit on the deck and enjoy a cup of tea or a late afternoon cocktail or two! Remember drinks will be served at 4 pm sharp.

On another note ...

This past weekend I attending my second Creative Escape Spring Weekend Retreat and it was absolutely the best. It is a Friday - Sunday event that is non stop fun! One of the projects that I personally wanted to work on was this shadow box that my good friend Kim found and of course I had to have!

The shadow box came with nothing other than the cream material in the background I added everything else including the rub-ons on the glass and the sides including the knob. When I first saw this paper I fell in love with the whole line and everything that went with it. If you would like to know what I used send me an e-mail and I will send you the supply list.

Over the next few days I will be taking a break from everything to re-energize my creative batteries and to do what I like to call the "detox" stage. I will be doing a lot of creative things that I have wanted to do for awhile, creating workshops during the week and maybe even some on-line course who knows what will happen.

4 comments:

linds_taylor said...

Miss you Jo! Your amazing talents were not appreciated enough there. Do something that truly makes you happy now - you deserve it.

Karen said...

So sorry to hear that. It's a sad and common story, but I'm sure that doesn't make it easier. Every best wish for this new stage in your life and I hope it brings you new creative challenges. Hugs!

Donna D from Ottawa said...

You have a wealth of talent in your hands dear lady and I am sure you will soon find another (hopefully more appreciative) creative outlet... Keep your own head high - you have earned the right to be very proud of what you do! Enjoy the break for a while, and I'll see ya real soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne
Was in the exact same place you are in now, just one year ago...it is not fun! Take some time to decide what you want to do next but not too much time as I took the summer off and started looking for a job in the Fall...I'm still looking! It's very tough out there (I live in the Hamilton/Toronto area) and was a Dept Manager at McMaster University for 13 years! I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy your time off too...it is fun stamping all day but I found out it doesn't pay like my FT job did...take care!
PS. I love your creations and check out your blog regularly!
Lynda