Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Delight Wedding Invitation Using Friends 24-7

Friends 24-7 What a Wonder Wedding Invitation

I must say I soooo love the stamp set Friends 24-7 and the Jumbo Stampin' Wheel Friendly Words. I used this stamp set and wheel for my latest wedding invitation design.



This wedding invitation is super simple I used 100% exclusive Stampin' Up products except for the ribbon and the crystal. I just had to add a little bling bling to send this invite over the edge.

This invitation was inspired by Karen and Craig a super nice couple, who are getting married this coming October. Karen came with a vision and of course some visuals of what her and Craig wanted. There colours were dark purples, oranges, rusts, orange topaz and a little hint of dark golden/bronze. There inspiration came by way of an article that they found in one of the many wedding magazines that are out today. One look at the images that inspired both Karen and Craig got my creative juices going. I so encourage couples to look threw magazines and books there is nothing wrong being inspired by others, that's what design is all about.

A few months ago I did a little talk about colours and the fact that today, brides are looking for something other than the traditional colours scheme see here. Karen and Craig were looking for something that was both, elegant yet reflected the colour and theme that they so wanted to have.

Here are the supplies:

  1. Elegant Eggplant Card Stock
  2. Vellum
  3. Real Rust
  4. Very Vanilla Card Stock
  5. VersaMarker
  6. Flatback Cystals from www.artbeads.com Topaz
  7. 1/4 inch Berwick Sheer Ribbon - Gold (30218)

Front of invitation


Close-up of front of invitation with passage

When I look in your eyes
I delight in your being
and when you take my hand
I delight in our being together

Close-up of the bling bling (CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements flatbacks)

Back of invitation with pocket to hold waterfall of,
Other Wedding Events, Map/Directions and Wedding RSVP and envelope.


Other Wedding Events, Map/Directions and Wedding RSVP showing waterfall effect.


Front of invitation with Reply Card


Other pieces to this invitation will follow.
Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Melissa Buecher said...

As always, this invitation is beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of the pieces.

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

So Elegant and so pretty! I love it! Great creation! Renee

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a totally classy invitation. Absolutely gorgeous! BTW, it was so great to meet you at the Stampin' Girls convention. Hope to see you soon!
CeeCee (and Gen)

Charisse said...

I love your invitations. What printer is best for printing text on metallic paper?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I too am curious about what type of printer you use as I have trashed a printer by inserting cardstock, it threw the alignment way off. So now after replacing it, I am very leery about what I print on.