Saturday, May 28, 2011

Such a Tiny Flower But What a Beautiful Smell

Today is over cast here, has been for the last couple of days and to say it has been raining well if I didn't know better I would start building an arch for the amount of rain we have had. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had flooding and to see so many people dealing with this in the US makes my little lake in the back humbling.

Walking in the garden this morning I could smell the ever so fresh Lilly of the Valley and I am reminded of my Grandmother (105) and my Great Grandmother (93 or 96) two special people in my life. Lilly of the Valley was both their favorite and they would wear it all the time. But when it is picked fresh like I do each day they are packed with fragrance no wonder they don't live long. And if I am not mistaken I believe the Catherine Duchess of Cambridge had them in her bouquet when she married Prince William in April this year.

Where I sit in my studio most of the time I see my back yard garden growing with all the rain and in front of my window not quiet at eye level is a very large hummingbird feeder. To see these tiny little birds flutter and stay in one place while enjoying the fresh nectar is so beautiful and a wonder. There must be a nest near by with the amount of feeding going on.


I would like to thank those who have e-mailed me privately sending me prayers and letting me know they are thinking of my Dad and hope that he is well soon. For those of you who wanted his address to send a card which is absolutely wonderful and sure to boast his spirit here it is:

Walter (Wally) Pullen
RR6

Smiths Falls, ON
K7A4S7
Canada

Today is just a short note my wonderful husband is hooking up a ribbon holder for me using some "S" hooks a thread metal screw rod, and some chain. I am not sure if your like me but I love ribbon and lots of it, every time I want to look for something or see what I have in stock it has been a challenge. I have a plastic contain filled with ribbon that won't close and it is a terrible mess. It's funny there are days when I fell so organized and then others where improvement is definitely the topic for the day. Today is that day.

So today is my organizing day, can't work in the garden so I might as well work in the studio. A quick shopping trip to the local Home Depot was on the agenda this morning, lunch out and then home for a quick DIY job.

I will post pictures to show you what I did and the list of supplies and a difficulty scale just in case want to tackle this yourself.

Have a great day!

No comments: