Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Super Hero

With Father's Day coming up soon I just wanted to write a quick note today about My Super Hero. We all have someone in our lives that we look up to mine is my Dad.


My Dad is a simple man not wanting much in fact the joke growing up was that he had the same two bucks in his wallet that he always had but today it is a $20.00 and he would give it to you if you asked. That is just who he is.

Your probably wondering why is he my super hero other than the fact that he is my Dad? Well he is the only man that I know who has spent his life looking after his family, he has an inner strength that I am in awe about. You see my Dad used to drink, he wasn't a mean drinker but none the less he was. Approx 18 years ago he was very sick and his doctor basically said either you quit and see your grandson grow up or else. So he quit, not with the help of anyone just himself and his never ending will power to change, to want to live. During this time another good man died from alcohol poisoning alone and with no one. My Dad had a hard time understanding why he choose this path. My answer to him was because you have to want too, you have to have the strength to want to live.

Today Dad has a new challenge in his life, his Brain Cancer has returned and today he has started Chemo at home. The next 5 days will be a challenge for him, and I have faith in that strength, that want to live and his will be strong enough to get him through.

I love you Dad, and thank you for being you...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so very sorry to hear that your father's cancer has come back. I will keep you both in my prayers.