Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Documenting Your Family History

 Using The Open Sea and Nautical Expedition

When I received my advanced Mini I jumped for joy seeing the new DSP Nautical Expedition and the beautiful stamp The Open Sea. Today's share is a picture frame using only glass and matt so the only the focus is on the photo and the design.


For this project I used the Red and White Bakers Twine, I originally wanted to do sailors knots but the twine is so fine I was only able to do one at the bottom center and for the rest I just let it twist and turn having its own life and securing it with glue dots. I like how this created the frame for the whole piece. Adding the stamp from Strength and Hope and two Antique Brads enhanced the frame feel and made it complete.
Next I used a section of the new Nautical Expedition DS paper and some Cherry Cobbler card stock stamping the background using The Open Sea stamp set. Next I designed using MDS (My Digital Studio) one of my favorite passages...

We are tied to the ocean.
and when we go back to the sea,
whether it is to sail or to watch
- we are going back from whence we came...
- JFK

I then sanded the photo to give it a more rustic look and added Cherry Cobbler card stock to the back. So simple with a great impact. This can be a great gift for anyone.


No comments: