Friday, July 17, 2009

And Now for Something a Little Different

Whimsical Tree with Button Flowers

OK so two weekends ago my husband and I headed out on a little trip to Carleton Place see here. CP is approx. half hour drive from where we live, and a very cute town with a lovely main street. We were also and I say a loosely "we" (JC waited in the car playing his guitar) were going to check out there local scrap booking store that someone had told me about called http://www.scraptease.ca/.

I must say I was so excited, this store had tons of different items, almost like one of a kinds. The staff was very helpful, and were even better at showing how I can spend my money, LOL. Of course I bought a few things, and among them a product called Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels see here. I plan to dive into my next project this weekend, I will keep you posted as to how it goes, hey it even might be my next personal challenge, you never know.

Anyway among many of the things I purchased that day, was this very whimsical stamp that formed a tree and screamed out for some buttons. This tree is certainly a girly tree calling for some pink paper and as for the background I chose a designer paper called Deena's Penny Lane "Feeling Groovy - "Uniquely You" see here from My Mind's Eye. Ohhh so cute!

Anyway here is my creation with a close-up showing the button details, oh so cute.




1 comment:

Shannon Kelly said...

oooh, LOVE glimmer mist!

Great card! You've inspired me to try a button tree using my SU "Branch Out" set. I love the set but find the tree stamp a little 'sombre' for lack of a better word, so some buttons might jazz it up.