Friday, September 20, 2013

FLASHBACK FRIDAY'S - Colour Inspiration Challenge #45



Not Just About Absence of Colour




I would like to take a moment this week and thank everyone who left a message regarding last weeks challenge I was honoured and deeply thrilled by your responses. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Little Tidbit for this week

This week I thought I would put a little spin on the challenge for me and expand my brain by doing a google search on famous people whose last names begin with Black, Grey and White. So here are the results:

Black, Joseph 1728-1799. British chemist who rediscovered carbon dioxide (1756) and formulated the concepts of latent heat and specific heat.

Grey, Lady Jane 1537-1554. Queen of England for nine days (1553). Proclaimed queen on the death of Edward VI (July 10, 1553), she was imprisoned after her short reign, replaced by the popular Mary Tudor, later Mary I, and subsequently beheaded for treason.

White, E (lwyn) American writer and humorist who contributed essays, editorials, and parodies to the New Yorker. He also wrote children's books, including Charlotte's Web (1952), and revised a 1918 writing manual, The Elements of Style (1959).

Each week Kristina Werner posts a new colour inspiration on her blog and they are truly inspiring. Here is my entry for colour inspiration #45 what I like to call "Getting Back to Basics". This card was inspired by the stamp set 5th Avenue Floral and the new Textured Impressions Manhattan Flower plus the new Designer Hardware Basic Small Grommets all from Stampin Up. If you don't have these yet make it part of your next order as it is fantastic and great for wedding invitations see here. Anyway here it goes, please let me know what you think!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh- it's beautiful!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! What a neat design! Very unique, and I love the contemporary feel of the design!

Winter said...

Great job again! Very pretty!

Dale and Sarah said...

Your work just astounds me. You are my new favorite. Your work is absolutely beautiful and flawless!

Anonymous said...

WOW (Like Nancy said) this is amazing, another great card!

Karine said...

I think I know which stamp set is going on my next order... your cards are just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Wow! just Fabulous! I love it.

Marlene Lo said...

Wow! Wow! Wow~ I love the layering! :D I really really love this!

Mary Fish said...

Vavoom! I found you when visiting Nancy Riley's post today. I love your clean, fresh approach. Hugs, Mary