Friday, August 30, 2013

FLASH BACK FRIDAY - Hand Painted Poppies


Trying to get organized some days is impossible so I have decided to give myself a break on Fridays show some of my favourite cards, scrap booking pages and 3D projects I have done from the past. 

So welcome to my first Flashback Friday and enjoy!




It has been so long since I have posted so much has happened that I haven't really had the design bug in me. With the help of my Stampin Up friends I have been able to "Get Back to It" and with that my first project in a long time.

For this project I used the following:

White card stock final size 5" x 7" flat vertical
Pleasant Poppies Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blender pens
Stampin Up Classic Ink
Text generated on computer

Stamp image using either Early Espresso or Soft Suede as outline, choose your colours for flowers  and buds and stems such as Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green and Lucky Limeade and accent with Soft Suede.

The key to the card is working in layers, light to dark and choosing where the lighting is coming from for me it was coming from the right so I made sure I accented with the Soft Suede on the left side. 

This is a fun project that doesn't require a lot of product and the effect is breathtaking.



Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Erika Clark said...

You're right, the effect IS stunning! I can't believe how beautiful it is, you're not out of practice at all :). I always look forward to your projects. Keep it up! Erika

Nikki Spencer said...

Wow..JoAnn this is just so beautiful, l think this would be the loveliest use of this set l have seen so far.