Thursday, October 30, 2008

How does one measure success

1st Stampin' Up Home Party Success Measured by Smiles

I often wonder how each of us measures success. I don't mean the obvious ones, by the number of sales, or the size of our house or even the number of cars but by how we feel.



Last Sunday was my 1st every home party and I must admit I was very nervous, I had a million things running through my head. Will I be able to demonstrate the tools, will my projects be easy enough, will the button on my pants pop and well you know. But I managed to keep it together, and at my first home party success to me were the smiles I saw on each persons face. To them success at that moment, was make something beautiful just out of something as simple as paper.

Each guest made a Xmas card, pillow box and Scalloped Envelope gift box. Everyone loved the Big Shot, and where amazed at what it could do. I had displays for upcoming workshops, what current Stampin' Up specials. Each guest got a brochure for my upcoming Xmas card Classes and my 1 day workshop Everything but a card.

My hostess was fantastic and converted her pool table into a display area for my samples and to showcase many of the products we have. Even the sales put a smile on my face as these were my first ever sales, so to me it was a success all around.

Special thank you to: My hostess Dianna Kelley, my assistant Yvonne Isfan, my up line Kim Kirkwood and as always my husband Jean-Claude for being so supportive.




2 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats on your first party! Glad it was a success. It looks like you all had a good time.
- Mandy

Karen said...

Congratulations! I bet it was a huge success. I wish you were my demo :-)
Karen