Stampin Girls Convention - May 30, 2009
You can buy the sheets at Michaels it is best know as Shrinky Dinks and it cost approx $10.00 CAN for 10 8 x 10 sheets of plastic and I was able to get 4 key chains per sheet.
Here are some links to what I bought that helped me.
- Used my bigshot and punched out using the top note die
- On the rough side of the product I stamped using craft ink only the flowers
- Punch your hole before you bake.
- Let dry minimum 48 hours (you can do right away but just watch that you don't smudge).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Using a piece of cardboard (I used think chipboard no colour printed on it toxic in the oven and might get on your image)
- Lay cardboard on cookie sheet
- Lay your cut-out shape on it, rough-side up
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and stick around to watch the plastic shrink. Do not complain about how dirty the oven window is unless you are volunteering to clean it LOL.
- Your masterpiece will warp and contort as it heats up. Don't worry, it will flatten out again.
- The plastic get a big dimple in the center as it shrinks. Keep and eye on it and take the cookie sheet out of the oven as soon as the simple is one (usually somewhere around 3-4 minutes).
- The longer the plastic cooks, the darker the colours get, so have your oven mitts ready!
- If you want your design to be really flat, press a glass baking dish on top of the hot plastic for a few seconds just as soon as it comes out of the oven.
NOTE 1: Shrink art jewellery may leave color on your skin when you wear it. To avoid this extra decoration, spray your cooled projects with a clear acrylic sealer. Remember to do out doors as the product is toxic.
NOTE 2: If you print on both sides make sure that you put your shape on a sheet of parchment paper instead of the cardboard.
NOTE 3: Remember the shiny side is the good side, if you want to add text if you do on the rough side it will show in the reverse on the good side and will not read correctly. See note 2 about printing on both sides.
Have fun with it!