Friday, October 16, 2009

Enjoying the Ride and A Little Late But Still Thankful

Thankful!

Happy Friday Everyone! Today, though I am late I thought I would share what I did this Thanksgiving. First we are settling in our new home, and loving every minute of it. This year we decided to have all of JC's family for Thanksgiving dinner plus my parents and my cousin who was in town for surgery. My brother Steve, sister-in-law Lynne and Nephew Matthew were busy with Lynne's parents who were up from down East. All in all we had 12 people for dinner, now this is a feat for me. Our old place we could do maximum 4 people and frankly that was pushing it as our living room and dining room were together and there was no room just to sit. And the kitchen well don't get me going, I did lots of swearing cooking then but now I am as happy as can be.

For the Thanksgiving table I created napkin rings, place cards and candle votive using all Stampin' Up products. Here are some pics with the recipe to follow:

The recipe:

  1. Stampin' Up BigShot
  2. Stampin Up! Fancy Favour Die and Stampin Up Table Setting BigZ XL
  3. 8 1/2 Vellum card stock (NOTE: card stock is small but you only really need a sliver of the side to put together so it works fine. Remember to use the card stock not the paper vellum.)
  4. Elegant Eggplant (NOTE: I used a empty jumbo cartridge and added the ink)
  5. Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel
  6. Dotted Blessing (NOTE: This stamp set is from one of our previous Holiday Minis)
  7. Card stock: Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Only Orange and Elegant Eggplant
  8. Hemp Twine and Gold Elastic Cord
  9. Button Non-SU
SU = Stampin' Up

Enjoy the Ride - Creating with Buttons
The following card is so cute I just had to share, if you are interested in what I used for this card please e-mail me privately for the recipe or for product sources. As part of the NEW SU agreement which I have still not signed I am not allowed to share "other" companies products. Though I disagree with this totally, as my number one objective is to be creative and to share with you how and what I used. To be a Stampin' Up demonstrator I am only allowed to talk about Stampin' Up products.
Interested in what I used to create this card just drop me an e-mail @ studiono8@hotmail.com

The recipe:
  1. Card stock: Very Vanilla from Stampin' Up
  2. Inks: Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue

So Sorry I'm Late - Button Bouquet
I love creating and using buttons as an accent it's so super easy, cheap and well what an effect it gives. Here is a really cute card that will make anyone forgive you for being late.
Interested in what I used to create this card just drop me an e-mail @ studiono8@hotmail.com


1 comment:

Heather said...

These button cards are beautiful, what a lot of great ideas you have on your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.