Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday Afternoon in the Country - Afternoon of Photos

Sunny Saturday Afternoon - Photos

Well as the season changes so is the weather and the chances of more wonderful days like today are getting slimmer. Today I spent the afternoon with my mom, checking out country stores and enjoying an afternoon of leisure.

Its been so long since I just grabbed my camera and headed out into the world and took random pictures of things that I love or found interesting. We headed over to Merrikville, to check out the many shops were they already have their Xmas items already out. Why even one shop keeper was daring enough to remind us that there were only 60 odd shopping days till Xmas. It sent a chill down my spine that I haven't even thought about it? But I am proud to say as of today I have at least purchased one item for my husband. So I guess I have officially started my Xmas shopping.
Front Porch of Miller's of Merrickville specializing in Primitive Country Decor, Antiques and Garden Fixens





Walking path at The Country Christmas Shop I love the contrast between the wheel and nature.


Display outside the The Country Christmas Shop I would love the bench for my new garden minus the cushion so I can see the beautiful work.


I simple love this photo. My Mom thinks I am weird because I cut things off "what about the head"?But my concentration was the star and the pants on the garden Nome. I hate showing everything, I like removing things that you can imaging are there. I think it is a perfect composition and I bought one of the stars for my garden, though I was told it was rusty why would I want something like that?


I also love to shoot pictures of old cars or trucks, I love the lines, the colour the chrome. This one was simple beautiful unfortunately it was missing rust which for me would have been a bonus.


Of course I had to also take a picture of the tire.


We also got to see these beautiful Siberian Reindeer they are simple beautiful and well behaved and sure treat for the kids if you are in the area.
The Country Christmas Shop

Hope you had a wonderful Saturday afternoon... Let me know what you did today...

No comments: