Sunday, June 13, 2010

Because I Care Purse and 5 Note Cards

In May I attended our local Stampin' Girls Convention where we learn new ideas and techniques using Stampin' Up products. This year we also did a class and made a Purse and 5 Note Cards using Island Oasis DSP (Designer Series Paper). This class is perfect so I thought I would do my version of it using one of the new stamp sets from our NEW Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog "Because I Care" which is a Level One Hostess Set that you earn for FREE. Which means if you host a workshop, and your total sales are over $200-264.99 before taxes and shipping you can get this stamp for FREE and $20.00 of FREE product. How easy is that, if you would like to host a workshop e-mail me studiono8@hotmail.com

Here is the recipe for this card:

Stamp Set: Because I Care

Card stock: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze

Ink: Baja Breeze, Easy Espresso (also Stampin' Write Marker Baja Breeze and Easy Espresso, Wild Wasabi)

Accessories: Textured Impressions Vintage Wallpaper, Modern Label Extra-Large, Hemp Twine (natural), Stampin' Dimensional, Very Vanilla 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon


Purse with Ribbon Great Gift Idea!




Close-up of flower cut out, with glitter.



Three Note Cards Using Same Stamp Set though each is very different.



and the other final two.



I like to look at each stamp set in pieces and in some case I like to stamp the image and remove portions that give you something totally different like the one below. By doing this I give the stamp a totally different look that is very simple to do. Yet it looks very cool.





Here is a close-up of the images and the texture of the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.



This time I used the whole stamp as the background, which looks so much like toile which I absolutely love! Then I created a simple tag wrapped with twine and add a little accent and again a very different look.




Again using the whole stamp produces a lovely simple Thank You note.




I love how removing portions of the stamp gives such a fantastic graphic element, very simple yet beautiful.

And lets not forget that little flower, and the other stamps that come with these fantastic set, even these stamps alone produce a very lovely card.

6 comments:

Monica Hornof said...

Gorgeous. I'm totally going to CASE this Jo-Ann. I wasn't sure about this stamp set at first but now that I've seen your samples I LOVE it!

CeeCee said...

Oh, look at all this gorgeous wholesomness!!!! You really played with this stamp set. Everything is just so stunning.

Debbie said...

I've seen quite a few cards with this new set and most people just don't get it quite right. You, however, have crafted not only one but multiple beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

Lisa said...

All I can say is WOW! I just stumbled across your work on Stampin' Connection and instantly fell in love. Great job! I will definitely be CASEing all 5 of these cards! Thanks for sharing them with everyone.

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...these are just Fab-U-Lous! I saw these on Stampin' Connection but couldn't find your blog. Thanks to Nancy and iStamp...here you are. You truly are talented...thanks for sharing.

Karine said...

Just a little bit AWESOME!